The 64th Annual Grammy Awards went down at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 3, 2022. Naturally, the celebrity attendees' style looks – from their coiffed heads to their twinkling toes and ever – were chart-toppers. What really grabbed our attention, though, were the Grammy manicures gracing H.E.R.'s, Doja Cat's, and Dua Lipa's fingernails. Judging from their nails, the trend might be moving away from nail art into the subtle realm.
Celebrity nail artist Kim Truong created a glowing gold manicure for H.E.R. using OPI to match the Grammy winner's retro Aretha Franklin-inspired gown.
Get H.E.R.'s Grammy manicure:
- Begin by applying 1 coat of OPI GelColor Stay Classic Base Coat to properly prepped nails. Cure for 30 seconds in OPI LED light.
- Apply 1 coat of OPI GelColor Depth Leopard and cure for 30 seconds.
- Apply a second coat of the same shade and cure for 30 seconds.
- Apply one coat of OPI GelColor Stay Shiny Top Coat and cure for 30 seconds. Cleanse nails with the OPI Expert Touch Nail Wipes saturated with OPI N.A.S. 99 Nail Cleansing Solution.
- Add a drop of OPI ProSpa Nail & Cuticle Oil to each nail and massage in to complete this look.
Celebrity nail artist Saccia created an icy shimmery nail look to match Grammy winner Doja Cat's eye makeup, which included KISS Lash Couture Masterpiece Lash in Pret-A-Porter, for the ceremony using a shade from OPI’s newest collection.
Get Doja Cat's Grammy manicure:
- Apply a coat of OPI GelColor Stay Classic Base Coat.
- Next, apply two coats of OPI GelColor in “Quest for Quartz.”
- Lastly, apply OPI GelColor Stay Shiny Top Coat.
Truong also worked with Dua Lipa and created created a gold chrome manicure using OPI to match the bold gold accessories and hardware on the Grammy presenter's vintage Versace gown.
Get Dua Lipa's Grammy manicure:
- Apply a coat of OPI GelColor Stay Strong Base Coat.
- Next, apply two coats of OPI GelColor in “Black Onyx” to create a bold base for a more vivid chrome shine.
- Apply a coat of OPI GelColor Chrome Effects Top Coat.
- Next, using a sponge tip applicator, rub on two layers of OPI Chrome Effects in “Gold Digger” on the entire nail surface.
- Finish off with another layer of OPI GelColor Chrome Effects Top Coat.