We often think of flowers when spring is blooming but a beautiful bouquet makes an impact during the holiday season too, especially if the grouping of florals highlights minority-owned flower shops and benefits the National Urban League.
Maison Courvoisier is continuing its commitment to provide integral resources, educational programs, and financial assistance to minority entrepreneurs through its philanthropic arm, Foundation 1828, this holiday season in a way that will delight all beholders. The "Most Awarded Cognac House" launched the Holidays in Blossoms program on November 21 after working with the National Urban League to identify Black and minority-owned florists in 13 markets across the US. These floral artists, then, curated a "Cognac in Blossom" holiday arrangement based on Courvoisier's "floral house style" and the French "joie de vivre" way of living life to its fullest everyday. All proceeds from the "Cognac in Blossom" bouquets will go to directly to the participating florists. In addition, Foundation 1828 is donating funds to the National Urban League in support of its Entrepreneurship Center programming.
While the holidays are a very joyous time for many people, small business owners are often focused on making the sales that will carry them into the next year. The Holidays in Blossoms program aims to make this critical period more fruitful for Black and other entrepreneurs of color.
The 13 bouquets feature season-appropriate hues of yellow, orange, pink, red, and green arranged uniquely and purposefully in vessels that are far from average. Just a warning: You're going to want to give one to yourself too. Don't forget to write yourself a sweet gift note when ordering at HolidaysInBlossoms.com.
See the 13 participating floral shops below:
- Blourish (Atlanta, GA)
- Blossoms Florist (Cincinnati, OH)
- LUSH Flower Bar (Chicago, IL)
- Erin's Blooms (Cleveland, OH) (Please call, not available online 216-463-3504)
- Battiste LaFleur Galleria (Columbus,
- Goodness Gracious Alive (Detroit, MI) (Please call, not available online 313-924-7223)
- KC Events & Florals LLC (Houston, TX) (Please call 713-686-8808)
- Oldvine Florals (Los Angeles, CA)
- Andres Aguilar Designs (Miami, FL)
- Barbara's Flowers (New York, NY)
- Posh and Bloom (Philadelphia, PA)
- Esscents of Flowers (San Francisco, CA)
- Flowers by Alexes (Washington, D.C.)