Talk about having a fear of spiders. A Seattle man surely wishes that he would have found a shoe to kill a spider in his home, instead of trying to burn it with a lighter and can of spray paint. The rental tenant attempted to get rid of the unwanted house guest by setting it on fire with a makeshift torch July 15, a move that burned the entire house down.
A Seattle Fire Department spokesperson said the man couldnâ€™t put out the fire himself, and firefighters originally fought the flames from a distance because there was speculation of ammunition inside the house, according to KIRO-TV.
The man and a second tenant, believed to be his mother, are now looking for a new home — preferably free of spiders — with the help of the American Red Cross. Hopefully the man had renterâ€™s insurance for the $60,000 worth of damage he caused to the home.