Check out the latest happenings around the music worldâ€¦
- BeyoncÃ© and Andre 3000 will team up once again for a duet of Amy Winehouse‘s “Back to Black,” which will be featured on the soundtrack of The Great Gatsby. The pair, who previously worked together on 2011’s “Party,” will deliver “a very different take” on the dark hit made famous by the late singer. And consider it a favor to Jay-Z: the rapper is producing the film’s score, as previously reported.
- And while we’re on the topic of awesome collaborations, Miguel was photographed in the studio this past weekend to assist in Monica‘s forthcoming album. Only time will tell on what the music powerhouses are cooking up, but it’s safe say that it will be money!
- Robin Thicke has gotten the stiff-arm from YouTube, as the popular video-sharing website has banned his sexy new visual for “Blurred Lines.” The unrated video– featuring T.I., Pharrell and a few nude models– was reportedly too hot for viewers and was taken down after garnering more than 1.3 million views.
- The roster for Rock In Rio 2013 is on fire. Alicia Keys is the newest artist to be added to the line-up of entertainers that include Justin Timberlake, Pink, Beyonce, John Mayer, Nickelback and more. The festival will run from Sept. 13 – Sept. 22.
- If your eyelids failed you Monday evening (or you failed to tune in), Janelle MonÃ¡e visited Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to pay tribute to the legendary Jimi Hendrix. Check out her outstanding rendition of “Little Wing” below…
- And finally, we’d like to wish a Happy Birthday to the late, great Marvin Gaye on what would have been the singer’s 74th year. He will never be forgotten…