Blogger Renae Bluitt of In Her Shoes got up-close and personal with five of New York Cityâ€™s best and brightest entrepreneurs during its first ever â€œFacing Your Fears: Tales of a Fly Female Entrepreneurâ€ roundtable on Thursday, November 11. As one of the top blogs for fervent female entrepreneurs, In Her Shoes invited the most talented thought-leaders in beauty, media, entertainment and fashion to share their knowledge and shed light on the process of becoming a power woman.
Highlighting the achievements and experiences of notable panelists, the roundtable opened the floor for discourse on the realities of being an ambitious businesswoman in 2010 while providing insight into the road to entrepreneurial success. Here are a few noteworthy quotes from each of the speakers:
- Maya Lake, vibrant trendsetter and designer of the line Boxing Kitten says, “If you’re young and single and have a dream, go for it now! While you’re free!”
- Jodie Patterson, owner of Sohoâ€™s busiest beauty hot spot Georgia comments “Sometimes you just have to say your fears out loud to yourself. Because sometimes we don’t even know what it is that we’re afraid of.”
- Tracey Ferguson, editor-in-chief of premier shopping and lifestyle publication JONES Magazine says “Pioneering is what has kept me motivated. Striving for more. And what black woman isn’t doing that?”
- Karen Tappin-Saunderson, creator of luxury beauty line and spa Karenâ€™s Body Beautiful notes “No matter how stressful or challenging it gets, it’s never worse than working for someone else”.
- Famed international deejay Jakissa â€œDJ Kissâ€ Taylor says “You have to surround yourself with people who have a vested interest in seeing you succeed, because they’re going to have to sacrifice some of you to help you get there.”